The Denver Silhouettes

  • History
  • Membership
  • Officers
  • Silhouettes
  • KHI/KMI
  • Kappa Tower

  • chap-logo


    The Denver Silhouette chapter was originally organized in the 1950's by Mabel Autry, Elva Dulan, Estelle Glass, Dorothy Cousins, Lorraine Hobbs, and others.

    In February of 1970, following a period of time when the group ceased to exist as an organized auxiliary, the Denver Silhouettes were reorganized with much enthusiasm. Today, the chapter proudly has 25 active members and continues to support the Denver Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity in their endeavors.

    The chapter also supports local organizations and charities in endeavors such as; House of Hope Women's and Children Shelter, Sharing and Caring Food Bank, visiting and giving gifts during the holidays to the residents of St. Paul's Health Center, donations to the scholarship fund organized in memory of Silhouette Catherine Jackson and a monetary donation to the Matron's Club of Shorter A.M.E. Church in memory of Silhouette Winifred Coker.

    The chapter received the Middle Western Province Silhouette Chapter of the Year award many years in a row. The Silhouette of the Year award has been Awarded to a Denver Silhouette at least 5 years in a row.